When it comes to investing, your money doesn't come with instructions, so our goal is to educate and inform you on a variety of wealth management topics to help you make important decisions when it comes to your assets. If you like the show, let us know, and feel free to subscribe to our YouTube channel!
There are many ways to invest in a community, and one very significant way is to invest a communities economic development through Opportunity Zones. To tell you more about it, host Vince Annable welcomes Erik Hayden, founder of Urban Catalyst. Erik has managed over $3.5 billion in real estate development projects with over 2,300 units in the Bay Area. On this edition of Your Money Manual, get ready to learn...
1) What Opportunity Zones are and how these projects came about (02:46)
2) What investors should look for when considering Opportunity Zones (03:25)
3) About the tax advantages available to investors that are unique to Opportunity Zones (04:52)
4) Why investors should consider Opportunity Zone funds as versus other income properties, eg, 1031 exchanges, etc. (07:16)
5) How the COVID-19 pandemic has affected Opportunity Zones and real estate investment in general in the Bay Area (09:14)
6) Why San Jose is such a strong, appealing market for investors (11:05)
7) What investors should consider when looking at different types of Opportunity Zones (14:22)
Opportunity Zones are a type of alternative investment gaining interest by investors looking for portfolio diversification. The Household Endowment Model (or THEM for short) makes prudent use of alternative investments to help qualified investors minimize risk in their portfolios while pursuing above-average risk-adjusted returns during all market cycles. You can learn more about THEM by clicking over to The Household Endowment Model.com, where you can receive free immediate access to our collection of informative white papers and other materials, that’s The Household Endowment Model.com.
Your Money Manual is brought to you by Wealth Strategies Advisory Group. Why not subscribe to our video channel on YouTube so that you’ll be alerted whenever a new video podcast episode is posted. You can also listen to the audio version of our podcast on all of the popular services including Spotify, Pandora, i-Heart Radio and Apple Podcasts available on iTunes, where you can leave us your rating and review. See you next time!
For additional information, visit https://thehouseholdendowmentmodel.com Or call (888) 635-9724
About the show
"Your Money Manual with Vince Annable" is a program developed to share information about concepts and strategies used by high net worth individuals to preserve, protect and grow their assets through all market cycles. Vince Annable--the host--is the creator of The Household Endowment Model® and CEO of Wealth Strategies Advisory Group. Give us about 15 minutes--we truly hope you learn something! After all, as we like to say, "When it comes to investing, your money doesn't come with instructions."